This website collects personal information from its users insofar as necessary to smoothly run its services (including providing information on its web pages and receiving users' opinions).
In collecting, using, and handling personal information, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government takes proper measures as described below, based on the "Tokyo Metropolitan Ordinance on the Protection of Personal Information" (Ordinance No. 113 of December 21, 1990; hereinafter referred to as "the Ordinance"), and endeavors to provide a website that everyone can use with peace of mind.
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government (the implementing body*) receives personal information, such as addresses, names, phone numbers, email addresses, and other personally identifiable information via the use of this website.
* “Implementing body" refers to those that handle the relevant personal information, namely the Governor of Tokyo, administrative commissions, the directors of public enterprises, the fire chief, and the directors of administrative bodies stipulated by Tokyo Metropolitan Government regulations.
The handling of information on linked websites falls under the responsibility of the respective owners/providers.
Collection of personal information
As a general rule, the personal information the Tokyo Metropolitan Government (implementing body) collects via this website is voluntarily provided (registered) by users.
The purpose for collecting that personal information will be stated.
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government limits the collection of personal information to what is necessary to achieve the purposes specified to users.
Purpose of the collection of personal information
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government (the implementing body) handles personal information via the use of this website in the scope of the purpose of utilization as follows.
Names and email addresses: for contact purposes
Restrictions on the use of personal information
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government (the implementing body) uses personal information provided (registered) by users only for the purposes specified as follows.
Address, name, phone number, and email address: To contact the holder.
The relevant implementing body* will never use this personal information except for the purposes stated at collection, nor will this personal information be conveyed to any parties other than the implementing body, unless otherwise specified by the Ordinance.
However, statistical data on user attributes, etc. obtained through the operation of this website may be made public, but this data will not contain personal information.
Handling of personal information
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government (implementing body) will handle all collected personal information securely and carefully and take proper measures to prevent any unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration, etc.
The management of this website may be entrusted to an external party. This contractor will also take proper measures in an identical manner to the ones described above.
Non-personally identifying information
This website automatically collects information on Internet domain names, IP addresses, and the user environment in which the website is viewed (hereinafter referred to as "non-personally identifiable information").
This website limits the collection of non-personally identifiable information to what is necessary to improve the usability of this website, and this information will only be used for that purpose.
However, statistical access data and user environment data for this website may be released to the public.
Social Networking Services (SNS)
When you view a website with an SNS icon, your user ID, the website you have accessed, and other information may be automatically sent to some SNS from the website without clicking on the icon.
For details, please refer to the following links.
YouTube video embedding
If you view a website with YouTube video contents embedded, the website’s browser automatically sends the URL of the page you have accessed, your IP address, etc. to Google.
For details, please refer to the following link.
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government recognizes the importance of protecting personal date obtained through the provision of services for the Inter-regional Economic Exchange Program (Support for Collaboration with NRW SMEs) and appropriately manages it.
1. The controller of personal date
The controller is the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
2. Personal data to be collected
(1) The Tokyo Metropolitan Government shall collect and process all or part of the following personal data:
a.) Personal data provided when contacting the Tokyo Metropolitan Government
Personal data provided by users when using the application form on this site
b.) Personal data provided when using services provided by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government (online or offline)
Personal data provided by the user in connection with the use of services provided by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government
c.) Survey information
Personal data included in the responses to surveys conducted by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government or a third party entrusted with the project for research purposes
d.) Records of correspondence
Records of correspondence when users make contact, such as via the contact information listed on this site
e.) Information collected by using the website
Details of the user's visit to the website and information collected through cookies and other tracking techniques
(2) Examples of the personal data provided above are as follows:
· Company name and job title
· Postal code, address, phone number, fax number
· Other information required for the provision of services
3. Purpose for processing of personal data
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government uses personal data for the following purposes and shall only process it to the extent necessary to achieve these purposes:
(1) To contact or to provide information to users
(2) For the implementation and operation of services, events, seminars, etc. that users have requested
(3) To conduct surveys on services, events, seminars, etc. in which users participated and to grasp the results
(4) To match users with companies and other entities they wish to contact
(5) Other purposes as stated when the personal data was collected
4. Legal basis for processing of personal data
Based on the EU's General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and the UK's Data Protection Act (hereinafter referred to collectively as "Data Protection Acts"), the Tokyo Metropolitan Government protects data by processing it only to the extent necessary for the purposes described in 3. The Tokyo Metropolitan Government will process users' personal data based on one of the following legal bases:
When the user has consented to having their personal data processed
(2) Executing a contract
When processing personal data is necessary for the execution of a contract to which the user is a party, or when necessary to carry out procedures in response to a request from the user prior to the conclusion of the contract
(3) Legal obligations
When processing is necessary to comply with the legal obligations to which Tokyo Metropolitan Government must submit
(4) Public interests
When processing is required to perform duties for public interests or to exercise the public authority granted to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government
5. Sharing of personal data necessary for the provision of services
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government may share users' personal data with third parties. When sharing personal data with third parties, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government requires that personal data be processed in accordance with a contract that protects the information, processes it in accordance with the Data Protection Acts, and uses the information only when directed by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
(1) Business contractors
When the Tokyo Metropolitan Government entrusts business to a third party (including subcontractors) in connection with the administration and management of this website or the planning and operation of events, and it is necessary to process personal data in order to carry out the business
(2) Companies and other entities that the Tokyo Metropolitan Government supports or collaborates with for this project
When the User consents to the provision of their personal data to small and medium-sized enterprises or related organizations, etc. that are supported or collaborated with by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government in this project
(3) Persons involved in services, events, seminars, etc. for which users have applied (such as lecturers)
When it is necessary for a related person (such as a seminar lecturer or the organization to which they belong) to process personal data in order to conduct a service, event, seminar, etc. for which the user has submitted an application
6. Retention and transfer of personal data
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government is located in Japan and, in principle, the third parties described in 5 that process users' personal data are located in Japan, the EEA, or the United Kingdom. Japan has been recognized by the European Commission as providing adequate protection of personal data. When providing personal data to third parties, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government shall comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Acts, including the adequacy decision between Japan and the EU and the relevant Japanese laws and regulations. The legal basis for a transfer to a location outside the EEA that has not received an adequacy decision from the European Commission shall be clearly stated. For more information about where users' personal data is stored or transferred, contact the Tokyo Metropolitan Government using the contact information in 17.
7. Retention period for personal data
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government shall retain personal data collected from users for the duration of the service period. After the service ends, personal data about users shall be deleted.
8. Requests regarding the processing of personal data
Users have the following rights regarding their personal data held by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
(1) The right to obtain confirmation as to whether the data collected and processed by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government is being processed, and if it is being processed, right to access this data, etc.. By exercising these rights, you may receive copies of personal data
(2) The right to seek rectification if the data collected and processed by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government is inaccurate
(3) The right to seek the erasure of the data collected and processed by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government
(4) The right to seek the restriction of the processing of the data collected and processed by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government
(5) The right to object to the processing of the data collected and processed by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government
(6) The right to withdraw consent if personal data is being processed based on the user's consent (however, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government will continue to process the personal data if there is another legal basis to rely on)
Users may exercise their rights by contacting the Tokyo Metropolitan Government using the contact information in 17. If the user is not satisfied with the Tokyo Metropolitan Government's response to their request, or if they believe that their personal data is being processed improperly, they have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
The respective organizations are responsible for the processing of information at linked sites.
10. Source of personal data
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government collects personal data directly from users.
12. Disclosure for law enforcement
Under certain circumstances, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government might need to disclose users' personal data as required by law or in response to legitimate requests from public organizations (such as courts or government agencies).
13. Legal requests
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government may disclose users' personal data if it sincerely determines that it is necessary for the following purposes:
(1) To comply with legal obligations
(2) To protect or defend the rights or property of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
(3) To prevent or investigate fraudulent activities in connection with the services of the site.
(4) To protect the personal safety of users of this site or the public.
(5) To protect against legal liability
14. Data security
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government will implement appropriate organizational and technical security measures to protect users' personal data using commercially acceptable means to prevent fraudulent use, loss, or modification.
15. Links to other sites
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government cannot control the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party site or service and shall bear no responsibility for them.
17. Contact information
Management Support Section, Commerce and Industry Division, Bureau of Industrial and Labor Affairs, Tokyo Metropolitan Government
* In order to prevent spam, @ is displayed as (at). When sending an email, please change (at) to @.
Copyrights and links
- The copyrights for all information contained on this site (sentences, photographs, and pictures) belong to TMG in principle. However, the copyrights for some pictures belong to the original author.
- Unauthorized reproduction or reuse is prohibited except when allowed under the Copyright Act, such as “reproduction for personal use” and “quotations.”
As a general rule, all links to this website, both commercial and noncommercial, are freely permitted. However, links are not permitted in the event that any of the following apply or may possibly apply to the link or the linking site:
- Links of a libelous or defamatory nature, or that intentionally damage the reputation or credibility of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, private companies, groups, organizations, or individuals.
- Links that infringe on or that may infringe on trademarks, copyrights, other intellectual property rights, assets, rights to privacy, rights to the usage of one's likeness, or other rights owned by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, private companies, groups, organizations, or individuals.
- Links that place the website within a frame or can otherwise cause misunderstandings among third-party visitors by rendering the contents in such a way that it is unclear that the contents belong to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
- Any links aside from the above that violate or may violate any laws, rules, regulations, public order and morality, or that obstruct or may obstruct the administration of this website.
- Links that make unauthorized use of logos, marks, etc. owned by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
- Links of a form that misrepresents the source of the information.
The URL of this website may be changed without prior notice. Please understand this prior to using the website. The Tokyo Metropolitan Government shall accept no responsibility for compensation, claims, or complaints pertaining to any links.
1. Recommended environment
The following browsers are recommended for the safest and most pleasant experience using this website:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer, latest version
- Google Chrome, latest version
- Mozilla Firefox, latest version
- Safari, latest version
- Microsoft Edge, latest version
2. Technology used
Adobe Reader (Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later) is required to view and print PDF files. Quick Time or Microsoft Windows Media Player is required to view video files. On some pages, the latest versions of the above software will be required.
Adobe Reader from Adobe Systems Incorporated is required to view files in the PDF file format. Download the latest version of Adobe Reader if it is not installed on your system or the contents of this website are displayed incorrectly.
Adobe Flash Player from Adobe Systems Incorporated is required to view contents that use Flash. Download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player if it is not installed on your system or the contents of this website are displayed incorrectly.
3. Information system security
This website will protect its information assets from threats, for the purpose of preserving the trust of its users and fulfilling its social mission as the website of a governmental institution.
- As a means of maintaining the safety and accuracy of this site's information assets, appropriate safety measures have been taken to prevent improper data access, and the destruction, alteration, loss, and leakage of this data.
- The information assets on this site are handled in strict accordance with the Tokyo Metropolitan Government's basic policy on information security, laws, ordinances, and other standards.
- Should the processing of information assets be entrusted to an external party, this processing work will take place under the appropriate supervision of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
- Mechanisms will be established for the continued improvement of this information security policy, one of the aims of this website.
There is no guarantee of the completeness or accuracy of any information provided on this website. This information may be changed without notice or warning. The administrators and owners of this website accept absolutely no responsibility for any damage that may occur directly or indirectly due to the use of the information or content on this website.
The following activities are prohibited in the use of this website:
- Any activity that hinders or creates obstructions to the operation of this website.
- Any activity that causes or may cause inconvenience, loss, or violations of privacy to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, the users of this website, or other third parties.
- Any activity that violates or may violate public order and morality.
- Any activity that violates a law, ordinance, or regulation.
- Any other activity deemed inappropriate by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
3. Applicable laws and court of jurisdiction
Interpretation and application of this Site Policy and all use of this website shall adhere to the laws of Japan unless otherwise specified. All disputes arising in connection with the use of this website shall be subject in the first instance to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court.